Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 359

Thread: Games: The Official Halo 2 Topic [OT!]

  1. #191
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's true, I played AotCR on easy last night, just for fun, and I love meleeing Hunters to death. Also, they will not be as easy as before, so keep that in mind. I think a friend is trying to organize one last LAN, however if I don't go to another friend's house this weekend I'll go. But if both don't work out, I might just go through Legendary on my own one last time, Saturday.

  2. #192
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.totalgames.net/pma/20773

    Wow, i didnt see this coming. At least Bungie are trying to be original with their coveted Halo engine.

  3. #193
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    True, I'd still rather see them make a WWII Halo. Oh well.

  4. #194
    Inactive Member mythbreaker048's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    BTW does anyone know where can i get a real fuctional ps2 or xbox emulator?

  5. #195
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No-where, although technically the Xbox doesnt need to be emulated.

  6. #196
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm afraid neither exist; the PS2 is a really complex (and stupid) design, so it'll take long to emulate and require a lot to work decently (consider VRAM effects already give trouble in processors under 1.5 GHz in the PSX1 if you want 3D acceleration). As for the Xbox, you'd only need a compatibility layer or a mini-OS at much, but nobody cared to do it yet. People in the scene is busy compiling stuff for it so they can have a 130? Linux box/NetPC. There haven't been serious efforts to emulate the next-gen consoles except for one Dreamcast emulator which is going very slowly (and still requiring a lot, besides the clean design of the system), the emulation scene is not what it used to be.


    Anyways, and back to the topic, won't Halo 2 be released for all PCs anyways? At least Halo 1 was, so you don't need Billy's thing to play.

  7. #197
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We're just going to have to wait and see, Bungie havent announced it yet, but i think Microsoft would profit from making it Xbox exclusive. And if i can see that profitability potential, so can Mr Gates.

  8. #198
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    (Just on a side note and sorry for the offtopic, I do respect Bill Gates; I'm not some kind of commoner rabble who would hate him because he's richer; I just make fun of his products, but I don't have anything against Gates himself who made all that money through his work. Besides, it's nice to know the richest man in the world is a fellow atheist.)

  9. #199
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    (No worries, its hard not to go off-topic on this thread since Halo=Xbox and Xbox=Bill Gates).

    Bill Gates still works. Despite all the riches he's earnt through his previous hard work, he still continues to improve his products and attempt at new projects, like the Xbox. Thats got to say something about his personality.
    But obviously, as a company, Microsoft are wanting to knock down all competition and sustain their monopoly in the programming industry. Thats good business tactics, but it ultimately leads to worse products thanks to a lack of opposition.

    Anyways, to bring this back on-topic, did anyone see the short documentary released on www.gametrailers.com a few days ago, regarding the work they put into the online service? It seems they're trying to do something new with the idea of online gaming, by bringing friends together in one virtual space through it as a team. Im looking forward to it immensely.

  10. #200
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Wiseman: I thought Gates was a Christian, actually I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

    IRT Cat: That's true, and also keep in mind that is a short snipet from what is on the Bonus DVD in the LE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •